I encourage my children to go outside as much as possible when not schooling. They have started to catch on that if they stay outside and play, I quite often don't push the "bookwork" or chores until they are underfoot. They think that they are being sly and quite honestly, I just let them think it! We're not heavy into organized sports so all the fresh air and exercise my kids get on their own is a plus. They are currently practicing a "Youtube" skit called "Super Mario Brothers". The dog is a Yoshi...

When we first began homeschooling, they played outside for maybe 30 minutes a day. Then we bought the trampoline and the time has slowly been increasing. Yesterday, they played outside for about 2 hours sporadically throughout the day. Today, they have been outside for almost 2 hours already and it's just past 10am. AND it's raining!

They started to come in at one point because someone had ruined the game, and I stated: "Oh! That's too bad because I was just going to make you a thermos of hot chocolate!"

They decided to wait :)



In this picture, Payton is under the trampoline with a hose...in the rain. I was not very amused...


This entry was posted on 9:57 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: